Welcome to DIY Jahn!
Hello! I’m glad you’re here! My name is Cassie and I created DIY Jahn to give people ideas about DIY projects and crafts, recipes, healthy living, and how to get out of debt. My goal is that this blog will help me to achieve debt freedom and help others to become debt free in the process!
I graduated from Luther College in January of 2014. I went on to get my Masters in Camp Administration (I still have a semester left, actually). While at Luther I met my now-wife who attended a full 4 years and then went on to get her Masters in Social Work. We finished school (for the most part) and bought a car (desperately needed) and then threw ourselves a wedding. All of these left us in a ton of insurmountable debt (Read here about how we ended up with so much debt)
Since making our decision to begin aggressively paying off our debt (using our own 2 week stack / snowball plan) we have paid off over $8,000 in student debt! Read here about how we put an extra $1,800 a month toward student loans in just one evening!
Right now, I am working as a Program Director at a summer camp Full Time, year-round. I love my job there and plan to stay for a long time! I also have a side job doing some freelance writing.
As a freelance writer, I’m always looking for new ways to open doors and keep moving forward, but our number one goal is paying off debt (which means working as hard as we can to make that happen!).
DIY Jahn has officially been nominated for the Liebster Award: read more here!
Interested in joining our quest for debt freedom?
Email me at: email@example.com
DIY Jahn has been featured here:
- Huffington Post: Should You Live in the Moment or Pay Back Debt
- Believe in a Budget: How Our Debt is Holding Us Back
- Green Paper Leaf Magazine: DIY Menu Board
- Painted Tea Cup: 20 Free Things to do to Make You Happy
- Leap of Faye: 34 Money-Saving Tips from Real People
- Painted Tea Cup: Making the Choice to Have a Great Day
- The Wardrobe Stylist: Brighten Up Your Space with a DIY Christmas Wreath
- Rockstar Finance: Blogger Net Worths