Today, I’m going to share with you how to earn money from home, $5 at a time.
Let’s be honest, everyone wants to earn money from home. Whether you are working your ass off to pay off student debt, living paycheck to paycheck, or saving up to buy a house, extra cash never hurt anyone.
As most of you know, my wife and I are working to pay off our student debt of almost $200,000 – read more about our journey here (HERE). We evaluated our debt amount and made the decision to pay it off as aggressively as possible. Why? Because we want to begin building our family, buy a home, and live the life we’ve always dreamed of living. Is it possible? We’re starting to think so! Over the course of two months we have paid off over $10,000 of debt and created an emergency fund with over $1,000 in it to boot!
It may sound crazy, but it’s certainly possible for us to pay off our debt quickly. No, paying off $5k of debt per month will probably not happen and who knows if we will reach our goals in the time we have allotted ourselves. The fact of the matter is, though, that we are working extraordinarily hard toward a goal that we fully intend to reach.
The main question is, HOW are we doing this. How did we pay off that much money in so little time? How do we hope to reach our goals so quickly? I’ll tell you this – it won’t be easy, but there are certainly ways! We have found a thousand ways to save money, budget, allocate appropriately, and work extra hard to earn money from home – and you can too! Just follow along on our journey!
Here’s today’s post for our Make Money Online Series.
If this is your first time viewing our Make Money Online Series, please read this section.
-if not, feel free to skip ahead!-
The Make Money Online Series is a compilation of blog posts and guest posts discussing how it is possible to make extra cash online. When I first started my journey to pay off my debt fast and become debt free, I searched every possible nook and cranny to find options to earn extra money – in fact, I’m still looking! I scavenged the internet searching for options and signing up for everything that I possibly could.
Of course, this led to a bunch of spam and horrible programs that lie and do not actually help to make money online at all. SO, I’ve developed this series to help debunk those programs so that those of you who are in need of some extra cash, whether it’s because you’re tired of living paycheck to paycheck, want to pay off your debt fast, or want to find a way to support your family as a stay at home mom, won’t struggle to find tried and true methods to earn money online.
We’ll cover topics ranging from freelancing to blogging to direct sales to micro jobs, etc. and posts will be made every other day – so keep checking back for more or sign up for our weekly newsletter! For a compilation of all topics that have already been posted, click here (HERE).
If you have a topic that you would like us to cover, or a topic you would like to guest post on, let us know in the comments below! Thank you!
Earn Money From Home, $5 at a Time
Have you ever thought to yourself:
Wow, I could really use an awesome t-shirt design
I wish I had a professional cover letter to send out with my resume
I definitely need an illustration of a cute cartoon portrait in ugly Christmas sweaters
I need some photography work done for my business
Or, have you ever thought to yourself:
I have a really weird skill, I bet people would buy this
I am really good at this professional task, but it doesn’t take me long to do it.
I could use some extra cash
I’m tired of living paycheck to paycheck
Then you clearly have not heard of the awesome up-and-coming website, Fiverr. Fiverr is unique, to say the least, but it does help you to earn money from home (or make weird purchases, whichever floats your boat).
How Fiverr Works
Okay, so here’s how it works. You can either buy or sell “gigs” and these “gigs” can be whatever you would like. The minimum payment amount is ALWAYS $5.
So, let’s say you’re in it to make a purchase. You visit Fiverr and you can find a million different types of gigs separated into categories of Graphics & Design, Online Marketing, Writing & Translation, Video & Animation, Music & Audio, Programming & Tech, Advertising, Business, Lifestyle, Gifts, Fun & Bizarre, and Other. Each category can be further split into subcategories making it really easy to find what you are looking for (or at least something fun and out-of-the-blue)!
But what if you want to utilize Fiverr to earn money from home? The best part is, it’s FREE to sign up for a Fiverr account. Each of your gigs run for $5 and can be ANYTHING you want to offer – literally anything.
All you do is sign up for an account and then follow along:
- Click the “Selling” button
- Click “Create a Gig”
- Create a title for your gig – this could be anything, but ensure that you use all lower case letters and finish the sentence “I will…”
- Select a category. Remember, people want to be able to find your gig easily and quickly. If they can’t, they’ll choose a competitor over you. Place your gig in the right category to get the most impressions.
- Upload a photo. The importance of high quality photos cannot be underestimated. People want to see quality work, even for $5. Show them that you can provide by utilizing photos that are large, have a lot of white space, and are high quality.
- Create a description of your gig. What are you offering? This is where you can go into more detail. Tip: Create bullet point lists to have the most effect!
- Tags: Create tags that showcase your gig
- Delivery time: select how long it will take you to complete a gig after the order has been placed.
After you’ve completed this first section, you move on to the payment and extras section. Simply click submit and follow along:
- My basic gig: here you get to enter how much you want to charge (of course, basic gigs – the free ones – are $5), confirm your delivery time, and select whether you want to include revisions in the process.
- My gig extras: this is where it gets fun. Want to an extra opportunity to earn money from home? Develop some optional additions for your gigs that can result in some extra pay!
- Shipping: finally, if you are developing an actual object that will need shipping, determine whether you will be charging extra for shipping of the product.
- Click Save & Continue
- Decide whether you want to offer a video advertisement of your Fiverr gig – this definitely helps to sell more gigs, but is not necessary.
- Tell your buyer what you need to get started: this includes any other information as necessary to start work on the gig once the order has been processed. Don’t leave out any details as delayed service can definitely hurt your ranking!
- Publish & you’re done!
It may sound complicated, but it’s actually very simple once you get in there and give it a try, but I’m sure you are wondering whether it’s actually possible to earn a significant amount from home using Fiverr, right?
Can you actually earn money from home with Fiverr?
As I’ve said before in my Make Money Online Series, and as I’m sure I’ll say again, my paychecks certainly don’t lie. I have been able to earn money from home with Fiverr easily, but that doesn’t guarantee you will. You have to be confident that your skills are important, use the steps above to create awesome gigs, and follow through with your orders. I encourage you to give it a shot – what can it hurt?
As for my account, I only offer three gigs at the moment. One based on photography and two writing-based gigs that offer character development and scene development for people writing novels. I have found that these three have offered me a great way to earn money from home so far and I don’t plan to stop offering them!
The thing to remember with Fiverr is that each gig is only $5, but if it doesn’t take you long to complete – those $5 purchases add up FAST! Fiverr makes it possible for people to earn money from home regardless of their skill set, because everyone is good at SOMETHING.
Of course, if you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me or leave them in the comments below!
Thank you for sticking around for our Make Money Online Series. A new post will be coming out on Friday – don’t forget to check back in!
If you have topics you would like to contribute or would like us to cover on how making extra cash is possible during ourMake Money Online Series, please let us know in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!
Disclaimer: Some of DIY Jahn posts contain affiliate links. While I do earn money through Fronto and bonuses for referring people, all of my opinions on the company are 100% honest. Also, please not that recipes, fitness tips, and financial tips are not given by a professional. To understand what this all means for you, click here.