Your wedding is the most important day of your life, right? Until your babies are born, of course. So, that being said, you should make it a memorable event! What better way than to personalize the decorations?
The wedding industry has grown so much that people are starting to believe they need to have a giant, extravagant, and (obviously) expensive wedding. That’s just not the case. Over these next few weeks DIY Jahn will scatter great posts in to help you find the best DIY crafts and projects to make this day the most wonderful day of your life!
Here are three personalized signs that you can make for cheap to help your day be beautiful, fun, and affordable on a budget!
What do you need for these signs?
- A decent quality wood burner like this one:
- Some hollow basswood rounds like this two-pack:
Ready to make your beautiful signs? Here are three ideas – but don’t let that stop you!
- For our wedding guestbook we had a polaroid and a fun frame painted in our colors. People could hold up the frame and take selfies in it or behind it (we had one hanging from a tree during the wedding and then had it for people to hold at the reception). Anyway, we wanted to make sure that if no one was available to take the pictures for one reason or another that people would know what to do. Hence the sign (though we got a little silly with it. You could definitely make it more fancy and elegant if desired).
- After the cake was served, first dance, father daughter dance, and mother daughter dances complete, and the speeches were given, we decided we wanted to give people a chance to get away if they were ready to leave so we did a sparkler send-off. Basically, we all went outside and everyone lit sparklers while we ran through them. It was hilarious, fun, and a little crazy / hectic. Afterward, half the guests left and the rest came inside to dance the night away. It was a great time. But we had to have a sign to announce the time – thus came sign number 2:
- Finally, we wanted to have something to truly commemorate our wedding day in a special way. We spent a long time thinking about how we wanted to do it. One way we came up with was to design and create our own sign commemorating our new last name together. While it may not be the most professional piece of art there is, it has more meaning than anything else we could have done. And wood burning trees isn’t actually as hard as it looks. It’s actually pretty dang fun. So, sign number 3
I hope that these signs fuel your creative juices and that your wedding day is everything you could imagine it to be! And, if you don’t feel artsy enough to do them yourself, leave a comment below with your email address and I’ll send you a quote! DIY Jahn makes custom signs for anyone who is interested in a wood burned sign or art piece. Just tell us what you’re interested in and we’ll see what we can do!
Loving these blog posts? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Disclaimer: Some of DIY Jahn posts contain affiliate links. Also, please not that recipes, fitness tips, and financial tips are not given by a professional. To understand what this all means for you, click here.